Monday, August 2, 2010

Motherhood Monday

So I want to try something new.  I would like to post every Monday about the joys of motherhood.  MotherHood Mondays, Mommy Monday, Monday Mayhem or whatever I call it. Maybe I will talk about products I love, all the different kinds of spit-up babies can have, the best way to deal with the blow outs that undoubtedly happen once solids are started, the love of a child, fun things to do to entertain a child and adult, etc. I have only been a mom for 7 months but it has been a wild fantastic ride and I have learned a lot. 

Today I want to share a letter I wrote to my lil man.  (I occasionally write him letters expressing what I am thinking at that time just for him to have later in life. Nothing fancy, just a conversation on paper for him since he can't understand it all right now).

Dear Colton,

Today you are 7 months old. 

7 months ago I brought into this world a little boy who brightens this earth with his presence.

7 months ago I fell in love with you and in love with your father all over again.

7 months ago I found out what it meant when people said that the love of a child is the best thing in the world.

As I write this you are playing in your pack and play.  Every now and then you look up at me and flash your cheesy grin then wiggle your eyebrows and laugh.  That is the look that melts my heart every time. Your laugh is the most joyous sound to my ears. 

I see you growing more each day and that excites me but scares me all at the same time. I am looking forward to what you will become.  I am anxious for all your milestones to occur but I want to keep you small for as long as I can.  This is the only way I can think to protect you.  I want you to experience this world but I need to learn how to let you do that without me going into "panic mommy mode".

I honestly do not remember what it was like not to have you in my life. It feels like you have always been with me.  Maybe you have; maybe you were always a part of me and I just had to wait for you to make your appearance.  Whatever it is I am glad you now are my world.

As the days go by I am amazed at what you have learned and accomplished in such a short time. I know that so much more is to come for you. You can and will be anything you want.  I will be there by your side guiding and supporting you the entire way!

Love

Mommy

Next week I want to talk about all my favorite things I have found a long the way that have helped me out during this first year of mommyhood.




1 comment:

LWLH said...

I'm not a mommy but I can pass along your reviews to my preggo sister.