Saturday, January 30, 2010

One Month

Dear Colton,

One month ago today you entered our lives with a quiet cry and small smile. We fell in love instantly.

In the short amount of time you have been with us you have managed to fill our hearts. I watch you develop into a little man more and more everyday. You can smile and do it all the time when you are being held. You love to be held so that you can stare at peoples faces. You makes small little cooing sounds while you sleep (you get that from your mom) and sometimes you snore (that is definitely a trait you got from your father). You love bath time; it quites you down immediately. However, you do not like to be naked for long periods of time (a trait I hope stays with you). You make noises that resemble the "Count" from Seseme Street. It is super cute. You love to eat but hate to be burped. You can hold your head up well for being so young. You love to hear Daddy's voice and even smile at him when he sings to you his silly songs. You like when I sing you the "ABCs". You only sleep for brief periods but its okay because you are totally worth the exhaustion.

I love watching you grow everyday but I tear up all the time knowing you won't be this tiny forever. For now though you are our "lil man".

Love,

Mommy and Daddy





4 comments:

LWLH said...

Happy 1 month cutie!! :)

Expat Girl said...

Awww too cute!

A Nerd and A Free Spirit said...

CUTE!!!!! What a sweet little baby!

~kathryn

Christy said...

The not liking to be naked will wear off, I've yet to meet a baby that doesn't love to be naked once they hit at around 5 to 6 months old and it will often continue, it does make potty training EASIER, much easier!! I'm growing baby no. 5, I don't know everything, but there are few things that I've figured out from my own and the insane amount of cousin's I've babysat, and childcare I've done over the years! :) (Kids like to be naked! LOL). Enjoy every second, it flies by.